Sunday, March 8, 2009

Birthday girl

Yesterday started out as most birthdays do, you sleep in, for no other reason than that you feel like you deserve to. After all, you have survived another year. There are some times I have been close to not making it, but I've lived this far relatively non-lethally.

I hate when I do that, end a sentence with two word or non-words ending in "y".



M has been struggling with an infected toe. It's been dragging him through a smaller hell the last week or so. Our sleep patterns were turned completely around. Yesterday I woke up 2am, shuffled into the office and started reading happy birthday emails. Mostly wishes from different companies I've come in contact with over the net, such as Comic book resources, and Gamingnotover forums... But my lovely facebook converted family and friends did most of the spamming, for that I love them. I don't think I have ever appreciated cards and well wishes in text messages this much before.



My home sickness has started to show its ugly big head a lot. Actually, quite frequently around the apartment. Tonight I saw it on the empty wall in the living room.. if I had been in Sweden, I would have searched though my belongings and hung up the old painting of a fox I had in my room as a kid. On the other hand, it wouldn't be the same wall, and probably not empty anyway.. and.. err.



I made a cake later on. First marzipan cake I've ever dared to master. It tasted pretty decent, but then, I mean, it's sugar, marzipan and cream, of course it's going to be delicious. But I screwed up, using powded sugar when I rolled out the marzipan instead of flour, so in the end, the marzipan was covered in white spots of sugar.. so instead of spelling out "Sofie 25" or something daft like that, on the cake, I peeled some extra strings of marzipan and wrote "Snow" with it, which I thought was very deep. I bowed to my own brilliance and handed it over to the one armed troll who lives in M's parents' cupboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment